Board Review ofConstituent Budget Agencies
- Prior Board Approval Required
The following personnel actions shall be included in the Board agenda for approval prior to implementation:
- Faculty actions, involving appointment, reappointment, tenure, promotion, sabbatical
leave, transfers and corrections, except as set forth immediately below.
- Personnel actions involving temporary or adjunct faculty are not required to be presented or approved by the Board.
- The separation, retirement and death of faculty members are to be presented to the Board as information items only.
- Personnel actions concerning presidents, provosts, vice presidents, deans and head coaches or those equivalent in title, relating to terms of appointment, reappointment, rate change, title change, promotion, transfers and corrections.
All other personnel actions do not require prior Board approval and are vested with the President of OSU, or appropriate designees, for decision and action on all such personnel matters, subject to general superintending control and approval of the Board. Personnel changes authorized by the President, or designee, will be subject to the total personnel budget authority provided by the Board during the annual budgeting process.
Interim Approval by the CEOPeriodically, interim approvals by the Board CEO may be
necessary. Presidential approval is required before submitting these requests to the
CEO. The CEO’s interim approval is subject to Board ratification.
Board ReportingA monthly listing of new positions established at OSU will be provided to the Board as information.
A quarterly summary of FTE employment provided to the OSRHE will be included in the Board agenda as an information item.
January 21, 1994
June 20, 1997
January 20, 2012
March 1, 2013
June 19, 2015
June 22, 2018