Board Review of Personnel Actions for OSU Constituent Budget Agencies
(1) Prior Board Approval Required
The following personnel actions shall be included in the Board agenda for approval prior to implementation:
(A) Faculty actions, involving appointment, reappointment, tenure, promotion, sabbatical leave, transfers and corrections, except as set forth immediately below.
- Personnel actions involving temporary or adjunct faculty are not required to be presented or approved by the Board.
- The separation, retirement and death of faculty members are to be presented to the Board as information items only.
(B) Personnel actions concerning presidents, provosts, vice presidents, deans and head coaches or those equivalent in title or rate of pay, relating to terms of appointment, reappointment, rate change, title change, promotion, transfers and corrections. Such personnel actions shall include complete compensation information, including but not limited to, expense allowances, vehicle stipends and housing stipends, if any. This provision shall not apply to assistant coaches; provided, however, all assistant coaches’ contracts shall be reviewed by the Office of Legal Counsel.
(2) All other personnel actions do not require prior Board approval and are vested with the President of OSU, or appropriate designees, for decision and action on all such personnel matters, subject to general superintending control and approval of the Board. The Board shall promptly be provided information related to personnel matters upon request. Personnel changes authorized by the President, or designee, will be subject to the total personnel budget authority provided by the Board during the annual budgeting process.
(3) Interim Approval by the CEO
Periodically, interim approvals by the Board CEO may be necessary. Presidential approval is required before submitting these requests to the CEO. The CEO’s interim approval is subject to Board ratification.
(4) Board Reporting
(A) A monthly listing of new positions established at OSU will be provided to the Board as information.
(B) A quarterly summary of FTE employment provided to the OSRHE will be included in the Board agenda as an information item.
January 21, 1994
June 20, 1997
January 20, 2012
March 1, 2013
June 19, 2015
June 22, 2018
April 21, 2023