Operations of the Executive/Administrative Office of the Board
The purpose of the Executive/Administrative Office of the Board is to provide staff support to each member of the Board in the discharge of his/her responsibilities and to provide staff for the meetings of the Board or committees of the Board. The CEO administers the Executive/Administrative Office of the Board and in performing the duties assigned to this position relies on the support of other staff members assigned to the Board Office.
The CEO is accountable solely to the Board. The CEO acts as a non-voting executive officer of the Board in discharging the responsibilities as assigned by the Board under its official policies or actions. These responsibilities include the management and administration of the affairs of the Board. Maintaining effective communications with the Board and institutional Presidents is a fundamental responsibility of this position. The CEO will serve as an ex officio member of each standing committee and generally each special committee or task force created by the Board or the Chair. Specific duties and responsibilities assigned to the CEO include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate scheduling of times and places for official meetings of the Board or its committees and the content and agendas for such meetings.
- Fulfill the Board's requirements under the Open Meeting Act, including the filing of notices for meetings, posting of agendas, and appropriate record keeping.
- Manage the Board's Executive/Administrative Office, Office of Legal Counsel and Office of Internal Audit.
- Be knowledgeable of all policies and requirements of the Board, relevant governmental agencies, and Oklahoma Higher Education.
- Be knowledgeable of the current fiscal status of all institutions (including Educational & General Funds, Auxiliary Enterprises, Bond Systems, student activity funds and other funds) and be responsible for advising the Board with regard to maintaining sound fiscal management at each of the institutions under the Board's jurisdiction.
- Assure that the Board is adequately informed with regard to monthly financial statements and annual and specific audit reports for each of the institutions under the Board.
- As the Board's liaison, maintain effective communication with Presidents, other important institutional personnel, and State government officials.
- Implement and/or monitor the implementation of policy as adopted by the Board.
- Assist the presiding officer, as required, at official meetings of the Board and Board committees.
- Prepare and administer the annual budget documents for current operations of the Board.
- Analyze the annual budget documents submitted by all institutions and advise the Board appropriately.
- Authorize/grant interim approval to institutional Presidents when it is required and consistent with policies of the Board.
- Supervise, with the assistance of the Office of Legal Counsel, the execution of all official documents of the Board.
- With assistance of the Office of Legal Counsel, maintain an updated manual of all current policies of the Board and interpret policies to various constituencies.
- Certify for payment all claims and payrolls for which the Board is responsible.
- Assume and discharge other duties as the Board may assign.
June 20, 1997
October 27, 2006
January 20, 2012
January 20, 2012
April 24, 2015
June 22, 2018