SENIOR AUDITOR – STILLWATER
OFFICE OF INTERNAL AUDIT
OSU/A&M BOARD OF REGENTS
Serve and represent the OSU/A&M Board of Regents by conducting financial, operational, compliance and investigative audits of the institutions governed by the Board. Work both independently and within a team through all audit phases, from risk assessment through report writing and management consultation. Apply experience and sound judgment to identify potential risk and control concerns. Maintain open and timely communication with both Internal Audit and client management, working collaboratively to reach mutually agreeable solutions to any concerns noted. Provide consultation and training to campus staff regarding internal controls and control techniques as needed.
Institutions of higher education and related branch campuses governed by the OSU/A&M Board of Regents include:
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
- Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, Tulsa
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology, Okmulgee
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma State University-Tulsa
- Connors State College, Warner
- Langston University, Langston
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College, Miami
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University, Goodwell
The position is located on the Oklahoma State University campus in Stillwater, Oklahoma. However, some travel to other institutions will be required. All services are to be performed in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing; the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics; and office policies, practices, and procedures.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Perform assigned audits and special projects.
- Conduct research and interviews to gain an understanding of current and best practices, rules and guidance for areas under audit.
- Identify areas of potential risk to the institution or department, evaluating their significance for audit planning purposes (cost versus benefit of audit project, scheduling, and level of expertise to provide quality service).
- Prepare preliminary audit plans and programs for review by audit management.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls and the efficiency with which activities are carried out. Obtain sufficient documentary evidence to support audit conclusions and recommendations.
- Utilize data analytics software as part of the audit procedures.
- Communicate regularly with audit management, ensuring that unforeseen issues are addressed in a timely manner during fieldwork.
- Prepare audit reports and audit memorandums.
- Perform audit projects in compliance with current professional and departmental standards.
- Evaluate the adequacy of management’s corrective actions as part of the post-audit review process.
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with institution management, as well as co-workers, facilitating the effective flow of information from operating management to the Chief Audit Executive.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably majoring in accounting, finance or business, from an accredited four-year college or university. A graduate degree or additional education in information technology considered a plus.
Several years’ internal or external audit experience preferred. Similar relevant experience may be considered. Experience in the higher education industry would be beneficial.
Certification as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and (or) Certified Information Systems Auditor is preferred, or a willingness to obtain one of these certifications upon employment.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proven audit experience.
- Proficiency in financial accounting principles and techniques.
- Ability to apply generally accepted auditing standards and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, as well as other authoritative guidance contained in the International Professional Practices Framework.
- Understanding of management principles in order to recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from “good business practice.”
- Appreciation and understanding of the fundamentals of such subjects as public higher education, state government, accounting, health sciences, economics, commercial law, taxation, finance, quantitative methods, and computerized information systems.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, data analytics, and flowcharting applications.
- Superior skills in written and oral communications.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Professional judgment and maturity
- Objectivity and integrity
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a constructive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to develop the goodwill and respect of others
- Helpful and cooperative with others, both clients and co-workers
- Self-motivated, reaches for responsibility
- Understands people and their points of view
- Innovative thinker that finds new ways of addressing problems
How to Apply
The OSU/A&M Board offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), excellent benefits, and a varied and rewarding work environment. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered for this position, please email a current resume and letter of interest to:
Senior Auditor – Stillwater Search OSU/A&M System
Office of Internal Audit
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078
The OSU/A&M Board of Regents is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-Verify employer committed to diversity, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.