It is forbidden to consume, possess, or serve beer and alcoholic beverages on the campus and in University housing (to include sorority and fraternity housing) except for the following.
- The privacy of University Apartments and Suites.
- In The Atherton Hotel and its restaurant (excluding the Hotel Lobby).
- At special events and functions in the catering venues in the Student Union.
- At special events and functions in the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association Alumni Center Building and confines of any of its attached outside meeting areas.
- In the leased suites and club rooms located in both the Gallagher-Iba Arena and the Boone Pickens Stadium, in connection with collegiate athletic and other special events.
- On reserved parking lots/facilities on game/special event days, to include the green spaces within or immediately adjacent to those lots/facilities.
- At special events and functions in the Wes Watkins Center for International Trade Development.
- At special events and functions in Willard Hall, Murray Hall, Bartlett Center (gallery), Library Browsing Room, McElroy Hall (Room 115, Alumni Conference Room), the School of Architecture Building, and the Educational Building and Oklahoma Gardening studio gardens of the Oklahoma State University Botanic Garden. The Deans of the colleges, respectively, will recommend the events, designate the area or areas to be utilized, and obtain approval of the OSU President prior to each function. All alcoholic beverage services must be provided by a caterer, licensed by the State of Oklahoma to purchase and serve alcohol to the public.
- The tasting of wine in the classroom as a legitimate and strictly controlled part of the requirements of Human Environmental Sciences HRAD 4723 provided such activities are a part of the approved curriculum and authorized class in that such activities are conducted during the regular class periods under the supervision of university approved instructors.
- Events held in Hotel and Restaurant Administration dining facilities associated with special dining functions may include the serving of wine if such events have been approved in advance by the Provost/Chief Academic Officer, are conducted under the direction of HRAD faculty member(s), and are related to academic experiences of HRAD students.
- Production of grape and fruit wines at the Robert M. Kerr Food and Agricultural Products Center (FAPC) and sensory evaluation and laboratory quality testing of wines, either produced in the FAPC or received from industry, are permissible provided that such activities are undertaken for the purpose of supporting approved viticulture and enology teaching, research, and outreach activities, and are conducted under the control and supervision of assigned faculty. The approved areas in the FAPC are the Second Floor Processing Area and the Sensory Evaluation Rooms (149, 150, and 151).
- At special events and functions at the Postal Plaza Gallery with the approval of the President.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- At special events and functions in the Student Center in the President Suite - 3rd floor and the Conference Room South - 3rd floor, the Horticulture pavilion, and Room 196 in the Agriculture Resource Center.
Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology-Okmulgee
- At special events and functions in the Hospitality Services Building State/Tech Room and the Student Union Harlan/First/ Citizens Conference/Dining Rooms.
Oklahoma State University-Center for Health Sciences
- At special events and functions in Founder's Hall.
Oklahoma State University-Tulsa
- At special events and functions in an area or areas designated by the President of OSU-Tulsa.
Oklahoma State University Institute for Agricultural Biosciences-Ardmore
- At special events and functions in an area designated by the Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources.
All purchases, consumption, possession, and service of beer and alcoholic beverages allowed hereunder shall be in strict compliance with Oklahoma State University policy, the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act and other applicable laws of the State of Oklahoma.
All exceptions specified above must adhere to the following:
- No social event shall be called by a name that implies alcohol as the only beverage to be offered. (e.g., wine and cheese reception)
- Whenever alcohol is served at an event as authorized above, there will be readily available non-alcoholic options.