It is forbidden to consume, possess, or serve beer and alcoholic beverages on the campus and in University housing (to include sorority and fraternity housing) except for the following.
- The privacy of Faculty Row and Line Drive housing.
- At special events and functions in the catering venues in the Student Union.
- At special events and functions in the Baggerly Banquet Hall in the University House.
- At special events and functions in the Science and Agriculture Building Lobby, the McKee Library Lobby, the Leo Garrett Draper Club House and the Lynn Gardner Rodeo Arena.
- In the Lobby and Aggie Hall of Fame area located in Oscar Williams Fieldhouse and in the No Man’s Land Stadium tailgating area, in connection with collegiate athletic and other special events.
- On reserved parking lots/facilities on game/special event days, to include the green spaces
- within or immediately adjacent to those lots/facilities, including the George and Juanita Gilmore Patio and the main entrance patio at the Science and Agriculture Building.
- At special events and functions in an area or areas designated by the President of OPSU. All alcoholic beverage services must be provided by a caterer, licensed by the State of Oklahoma to purchase and serve alcohol to the public.
All purchases, consumption, possession, and service of beer and alcoholic beverages allowed hereunder shall be in strict compliance with Oklahoma Panhandle State University policy, the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act and other applicable laws of the State of Oklahoma.
All exceptions specified above must adhere to the following:
1. No social event shall be called by a name that implies alcohol as the only beverage to be offered. (e.g., wine and cheese reception)
2. Whenever alcohol is served at an event as authorized above, there will be readily available non-alcoholic options.
3. Each event must be approved by the OPSU President.